My mama texted me last night saying "Tawag ka". Super kinabahan ako because I thought something bad had happen. So, when I read the text I call her immediately to know the news she has to break. While gasping she break the news by saying "Nanalo yung dalawang Rolando!!"...
My two brothers Rolando "Yob" Altura III and Roland "Roby" Altura IV, they are 4th yr highschool and Grade 5 respectively. They both joined a Journalism Contest, that every private school in Cavite will be competing, and they both represent their school in the Photo Journalism category, Roby for the Elementary division and Yob for Highschool division. All of us are very excited since it is the first time that both of them will compete in the said competition and it is also the first time that Roby will compete in a contest outside the school. Preparing for the contest is hard not only for my brothers but for the whole family, because there are requirements that they both must have. Unfortunately, we do not have a slr camera or any camera that still uses film, and that is the most important thing they must have. Thank God, my mom found a photo shop that let their manual slrs to be rented and thank God that my sister has Phillip coz he lent us his di film na camera.
After all the requirements are gathered and the prayers had said, my two brothers compete with just a talent and faith. Luckily, they won! Yob is a 2nd placer while Roby is a 4th placer in their respective categories. I am always proud of these two guys since they are both talented and intelligent, and I think they are equally handsome too (siyempre mana sa ate!). But I think there is a woman that is more prouder that I am, and that is our mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment