Friday, January 28, 2011

January 1, 2011 - New Year

For the celebration of New Year my mom decided that this year we will join my father's family to welcome the new year at Papaold's house. After a long time this is just the only chance that the whole Altura family will be completed. Technically we are really not complete 'coz Mamaold and Lola have passed away, then Ayeza (my younger sister) has to attend the New Year's countdown at Mall Of Asia and papa is somewhere out there. But this kind of gathering only happen so often that's why everyone make sure that they will have a good time.

On New Year's eve we all shared the foods that we pot locked while watching the awesome fireworks of the neighboors because Papaold has a "No Firecracker" rule every New Year for safety purposes, and I guess we don't need one 'coz our mouths are enough to make some noise as loud as the firecracker's. We Dela Cuesta-Alturas are there, the Altura-Rebagays are there, the Altura-Damots are there and the Altura(Tito Ramil's family, sorry tita joy I don't know your maiden surname) are there. We set up the tripod and just took crazy pictures that night then it is all just fun fun fun. Say No to Firecrakers Say Yes to Laughter and Fun!

Papaold' s garage was converted into a photo studio

On the first day of the year, our titos ask everyone to just stay at Papaold's place and just chill there, bond, play, chat, sing and our favorite activity, eat. Even though power was cut out, it doesn't stop the fun. They got Tito Joey's videoke and we sung our hearts out. But that morning we had done something that starts our year right as a family. My tito Joey and tito Tony conducted a heart-to-heart conversation with all of us, the apos and the children. We all gathered at the dining area and they ask us questions like Anong masasabi mo sa mama/papa mo? and Anong masasabi mo sa asawa mo? Everyone has their turn, from the eldest child to the youngest and from the eldest apo (which means me) to the youngest. When it is my turn, I cried because my titos asked me what can I say about my brothers. Being the cry baby that I am, I cried hard! It so embarassing super, but my family accepts me for who I am that's why I love them. This conversation lets everyone say their piece. The way they feel about the past and present stuff. The young ones let their parents know their sama ng loob and the parents let us know what they expects from us. I love it! It made us more closer and open to what we feels. I guess its because we are all mature enough to see what's going on.
Loving this conversation.

I love my family because they are always there for me, my siblings and mama no matter what happens. Hope that this bonding time will not be the end but the first of many gatherings that we will bond to. I love you everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment