Do everyone get a chance to meet five awesome people once in their existence and be part of their legendary adventure forever?
This question popped up while watching How I Met Your Mother. Actually I watched the series from season 1 to 5 more than twice because I really love the characters, their personalities and their antics.
Somehow I can relate to the situations and problems their in, and the friendship they have.They are there for each other for comfort and support in times of trouble. I can see myself and my friends on those characters. The way they huddle whenever someone has a problem, their constant asaran, their immaturity, how they treat each other, how much they love food, how important alcohol is in their happiest and saddest time, and how much they love one another. These are also what I do with my friends and these are the qualities we all have. But in our group there only five people that I can specifically pin point whom character are.Basically because there are only five people in the cast.
Well, E is Ted, for he is hopelessly in love with love if you ask him he will deny it but he is secretly romantic guy. Although I can see Ted in him, E is more of practical, unpronounced and restrained. Unlike Ted he chose to keep his romantic actions discreet that most of the time surprises us. Moreover, similar to Ted he gives everything of himself to person he choose to fall in love with.
J will be Barney not because he is the womanizer nor dishonest. He fits the character because despite of being the source of adult teachings he preaches us he can love a girl truly, madly and deeply which he can maintain a commitment for more than a decade. Like Barney, he has his way of making people laugh and entertain, he can be a master of disguise, he can think excuses right away if needed. But unlike Barney, he is a womanizer just by words not in action.
Then, R is Marshall and M is Lilly for the obvious reason that they are the happily married, so much in love with each other. Like Lilly and Marshall, R and M also serves as our mother and father because they are there to give the right advice, love and support us, not to mention that they are also loyal and fun to be with. There are a lot of misadventures that happened in their relationship, still their love for each other made their relationship strong. R is very much like Marshall, he is funny but intelligent. He is good in argument that he can consider Lawyer as a profession, and can always be there when a friend need someone to share a bucket of beer to drink. M is also very much Lilly, despite of being witty and adorable she is very controlling that she can boss you around without you having no choice but to follow. She is always true to her words. She'll tell you if you are wrong or right, if you are beautiful or not, if you are capable of doing things or not. In short, you she'll always be prangka to you.
As for me, I will be Robin. Not because I had a relationship with Ted nor Barney. I am just like Robin, the single among the two ladies in the group, also she's dating stupid guys, she's tough on the outside but a child on the inside, and most of all she's hot hahaha . OK, I did not have a relationship with neither Barney nor Ted but once in my life I have a crush on at least one of them. She's one of the boys and always in denial if she's in love or not. I am that type of girl. I am one of the boys, I am a child inside my tough physicality, and I am so naive to know if I am in love or not. In the episode I am currently watching, Robin made way for Ted to fall in love with someone else even though she is madly inlove with him. I also have let a guy that I was madly in love with to be with someone else for the rest of his life. If Robin poorly manage to support Ted for his new love, I am proud to say that I successfully done it. I managed to control my feelings. Of course my best friend M, like Lilly, was not convinced that I am ok with it but I chose to be in this situation so be with it.
Maybe the five awesome friends of How I Met Your Mother are similar on who me and my friends are, but they are only fictional characters and we are not living exactly like them. In real life, we are just simple human beings that live our lives according to our will and values. In our own way, we are cool as they are. The identical between these fictional characters and our life in reality is that, we value and love our friends as much as we value and love our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment