Last year is a very tough year for me and my family. We've been through the worst of the worst. There are so many things I picked up from good and bad experiences and little by little I am adopting it in my life. So before doing or changing something big, I want to start with the most important thing of all, it is to love myself more than anyone else. That's why before ending 2010 I have done a thing for myself that I really want to do all my life and this is one of those things in my long bucket list, a tattoo.
For years, I am wanting and not wanting to be inked. I want to have a symbol of my individuality in my skin yet I am so scared of being hurt by the process of it. While arguing with myself, I looked for the possible design I can choose from. At first, I want to have a phoenix in my back, but I thought I might be traumatized by the long proceeding it may take and I don't know its relevance to my life and my personality. Later on, I bumped into a local tatto website and saw an
Alibata chart.
Alibata (based on
fatoprofugus.net )
is an ancient writing system that was once used by our ancestors. I became amused on how beautiful this old alphabet is and decided to have it as my first tattoo. But then I am having a trouble of deciding what word or phrase I can translate in alibata that can symbolizes me. First, I am thinking of having
Angelica yet it seems that it will be self worshiping move and it is not my kind of thing. Therefore, I decided to have an Alibata translation of my surename,
Altura. I am very family oriented and I love my family so much. Appropriately, as an expression of how important and how much I value my family, myself and my other self agreed for the final design of my first ever tattoo. Now that I am settled on what design I want, I searched for a website, made
Altura translated into alibata and this is what it gave me.

I am not satisfied with it so I searched for an alibata chart again and make the alibata spelling of my surname longer 'coz I want it to have the same number of letters as you spell it in english.

After putting the alibata letters together and composing myself to be strong against the needles, I decided to be inked as soon as possible. On December 16, 2010, after attending my friends' wedding (Ice and Rex's), I went to
Guhit Kamay in Alabang Town Center. I faced my fear of pain and had my first ever tattoo.
If you are planning to have a permanent tattoo, temporary tatto or a portrait just visit this shop 'cox the artists here are very simple, friendly, accommodating and gentle (parang teddy bear lang heheh).
A certain Jun is the one who owns the artistic hands that made the masterpiece in my hand. Sorry I forgot his whole name but I promise to check on it whent I drop by the shop and update this blog about it.
At first I thought I can't do it but after the proceeding I realized that I'm such a duwag for thinking that I will undergo so much pain just to have this six letters written on my skin. The pain is super bearable that having a facial pricking session is more painful. I don't know if it is because I only have a small sized figure to be written in my skin, but it is not hurtful as I imagined it to be. I am very proud of myself for conquering one of my fear and granting my long time wish.
Technically this means A-LA-TA-U-RA-A.
But for me this means my love for my family and being part of it. Futhermore, this will be my forever badge of being an ALTURA.
No comments:
Post a Comment