Monday, March 14, 2011

January 2, 2011 - Enchanted Kingdom

Having a hard time ending our bonding time, on New Year's day my cousins and I planned to have a ekskarshon (as what our parents says). We all planned to have a trip to Enchanted Kingdom. Since our parents decided to boycott the Altura clan yearly family reunion scheduled the next day (because of some reasons), we all agreed to do our trip on that same day. On New Year's night, we argued if we will push the plan through or not. We also discussed whom are the people who will join the trip. Eventually, before calling the day off, we agreed to push it through, with most of my cousins, plus me and my brothers, we planned our itenerary for the next day but fortunately we failed. So, the next day on January 2 at exactly 7 am, my cousins fetch us at my apartment then with breads and other food brought from 711 as breakfast, we started our drive to Santa Rosa.
When we arrived in Enchanted Kingdom, of course the first thing we done is took our pictures. We have pictures infront of the park, the parking lot, and the Wizard's statue. Actually, we are so excited that we even forgot to line up to get our tickets. When we finally got inside the amusement park, we immediately again, took our picture infront their famous carousel. After that, we started to try the rides and because we came in early (at around 10am), we are able to ride most of it without falling in long lines.

We started from the simple ones like Flying Fiesta and Rialto then ended up into the extreme once like Jungle Log Jam and the famous Space Shuttle. We also able to try some rides twice since we finished our first ride on almost all of them before lunch.
At lunch we argued about where to eat 'coz we all don't want to eat on expensive stalls inside EK so we ended up ordering rice in a box or something like that. But after eating we learned that the prices of the rice in the box and the food offered in the "expensive" stalls are the same so we ended up getting mad at Carlo 'coz he is the one who suggested it. Eventually we forgave him and had some laugh about how stupid we are. Having lunch with my cousins are always fun no matter what we're eating.
We all have fun! most especially the younger ones since they are making fun of me and Carlo because we are so duwag when we rode the Wheel of Faith and it stopped right on top of the ride. We both almost cried because of our fear of heights. They can't stop bullying us considering that we are the eldest on the group (I am 25 and Carlo is 24).
As I have said earlier, after eating lunch we ride those rides again but unfortunately we have to fall in line and wait for approximately an hour on every ride. After our 2nd ride on Rio Grande, we decided to just go around the park to appreciate the place and took pictures of us in every ride coz we decided not to do that while we were getting from a ride to another. After some awesome group pictures we decided to go home and start our joyride to Papaold's home. In between rides and food since we got to EK, we are arguing weather to go to the reunion, as a respect to our grand father , or not coz for us the feud between our parents and their aunts are not our problem. So eventually we concluded that we will just go there and pay respect to Papaold. This little tour of us gave me my many first. I have been in EK many times with my friends and my family but I never tried riding the Space Shuttle, this time I rode it just to be the ate that I have to be. It brought out the worst word in my mouth but its all worth it coz I finally conquered my fear. However I have to be honest with you, my eyes are closed the whole time. I opened it once but we were on an upside down position and I am so scared that's why curse are coming out of my mouth. This is also the first time I gone go karting and unlike riding Space Shuttle, go karting is one hell of a fun! That's why we all consider of doing it again.
This is also the first that my cousins and I got out without the oldies. Bonding with them are always full of fun and laughter. Since then we are always considering to repeat this, to have some time to have an adventure with each other which we consider as our kapatids. I am always looking forward to see, have conversation and bond with these guys. I really have a good time thanks to Yob, Mae, Arra, Wainesh, Paolo, Carlo, Jasper and Roby. Hopefully on our next adventure Ayeza, Queru and even Ted and Ram will join us. 'Til the next adventure mga insan!


No comments:

Post a Comment