Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Legendary Carrot Bar!

I am very thankful for my Tita Weng and Tito Joey for letting me stay in there home while I am working my butt out for my family. Living with them feels like I'm closer to home, minus my noisy and makulit brothers, my mom's morning sermons and the smell of the fresh wild grass at the park in front our home. I miss our home so much and how I wish I am living with my own family but still I enjoy my 2nd home because I also feel loved by the people in this house which include my also makulit cousin.

Tita Weng is one of the best cook ever! Since I transferred here, she fed me mouth-watering delicious food. I think she can cook anything. From diningding (our favorite since we are Ilocanos) to posh pasta and cupcakes. She is not afraid to try new things and luckily she always produced scrumptious dishes that me and my cousins always pigged out to.

Tonight is not different to other spontaneous baking nights of my beloved Tita. After finishing our dinner she decided to bake her famous Carrot Bar. And as the pakielamerang pamangkin as I am, I ask her to let me help her that I eventually did not do 'coz I am busy taking pictures. Actually just to share, she is making some bucks for these because her officemates always order for this for only one reason , its awesomeness! That's why I ask her if I can bring some at our office just to make them taste it and ask for there orders next time. That's what you called Kumikitang Kabuhayan. And so with my Tita Weng's permission (nakulitan na ata saken), I am sharing her own version of Carrot Bar. But forgive me 'coz this is just the facts in my point of view that actually means it is not that accurate!

Carrot Bar
Ingredients:
**Sorry I don't know the exact measurement of these ingredients 'coz I'm not that attentive when she is mixing these things together. I guess I did not really ask my tita about it just to have a slight secrecy on her recipe. Kayo nalang bahala mag tancha!

Enough of choo choos! So basically these are the ingredients in making this awesome bar.


The Procedure:
First, of course you have to mix everything up!
Technically, there are different ways of mixing things and there are technical terms for it but dahil tamad ako I will not go further about it. Just mix the ingredients anyway you want.

Of course this blog is not complete if I will not show the chef in action.


Actually every time she is starting a process she always shout at me saying Asan na ang picture?? Picturan mo na ko!! So do not be decieve by her camera-shy type of pose!

After the mixing part, obviously you have to put the mixture in the oven but before that you must put it in a pan.
Before resting the pan in the oven, pre heat it first. Sorry if my information are kulang kulang because I don't know how much heat it needs before you put the pan in the oven. When I ask my tita about it she just simply replied tanchahan lang yan!


While waiting you must have some entertainment and these are ours.
Afterr some curses and newspapers flying around the carrot cake was already done.
At last!!! its time to munch it all out!!!
Obviously this is not a recipe blog where you can learn how to bake. I just want to share the fun of how we made this thing and how we enjoyed it! Thanks for baring with me on this!mwah





1 comment:

  1. i thought you'll let your office mates taste the cake..:( asan?asan? hehhe -gap

    ReplyDelete