Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Alexis Tioseco and Nika Bohinc

I first read the name Alexis Tioseco on twitter. Many of the people I followed are grieving for his death and the death of his love Nika Bohinc. And since then I became curious who he is!

I did not researched intensely, maybe I am afraid of the fact that the people I am searching and google-ing are dead. But I discovered enough to know how beautiful people they are and how intense their love for each other. Patricia Evangelista's Storyline about the love letter Alexis wrote for Nika gave me a glimpse of the love story that inspired the people i look up to.



Alexis and Nika are both passionate to the field that they chose. Nika as a Slovenian learned to adopt the Filipino culture and at the same time continue to do the things she needs to do in her hometown. Alexis as a young and brave film critic gave every thing to his job and he do it with desire. Despite his dual citizenship as a Filipino-Canadian he is proud and affectionately shout to the world his love for our country.



I do not know Alexis and Nika personally but I am grieving for their lost. There are only few people in this world that inspire us to have faith in love. Love not only for the reason of your heartbeat but also love for your country. And we lost 2 of those people. Rest in peace Alexis and Nika. May justice be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment