Sunday, September 25, 2011

GLEE-ful with the boys

I am a big fun of Glee and I so so love the show. I super love the concept of high school outcasts struggling to prove themselves and somewhat succeed to be awesome in a form of music. The show helps teenagers to believe in themselves and love what ever God has given them. They give these underdogs courage to face bullies and give them strength to stand up for their selves. Somehow I can relate to these kind of high school torture. Though no one will believe me, some time in my high school years I am one of these persona non grata in school. A weirdo and nerdy, I am constantly being teased and bullied when I entered high school. Those monsters didn't consider my "coolness" years in elementary. They forgot that I am part of the varsity team, they annul me for being their friend of 6 years. But miraculously, I manage to stand up for myself and proved them that I am not the weakling that they can defeat. Then one day people respect me for who I am and they just leave me alone. How have I done it? Simple, I punched the bully who constantly tease me in his f*cking face. I am not recommending it but somehow it helps me gain some respect. After the nightmare of my 1st year the rest of my years in high school are fun and I enjoyed it each and everyday. I regret that somehow I became a bully myself but I only bully those annoyer that victims innocent people haha. I believe that I am once a Robin Hood of underdogs in high school yeah! haha!
Buuuuut this is not about my underdog moment. This is about what I really love about Glee and its reality show The Glee Project. And those are its boys. Geeks, weirdos and nerds are my thing that's why I so love the boys in the show. So, these are boys that I am crazy about and I think I fell in love with.

Darren Criss
Darren portrayed the character of Blaine. Blaine Anderson is the lead singer of the Wablers, a Glee Club at Dalton Academy, an all boys school that he transferred to after being heavily bullied, which he currently attends. Blaine is openly gay and currently in a relationship with Kurt Hummel. (Glee Wiki)
Besides from being the hottest gay in Glee, Darren is a founding member and co-owner of the theater production company Team StarKid. He played Harry Potter in the musicals A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel. Criss is set to make his Broadway debut in the revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in January 2012. (Wikipedia)
Since he portrays an openly gay role and loves theater instead of sports, he most of the time mistaken to be gay in real life. But in one of his interview, Darren said "It doesn’t matter if I’m gay or straight -- I’m playing a role. I think it’s more empowering to everybody, including myself, if I’m articulate about identifying myself as a straight male playing a gay character. Ultimately, that’s more powerful for both communities." (Out Magazine)

What I love about Darren is that he always dazzles the ladies with his hazel eyes that even though he sways his hips like a show girl in the show he manage to look hot and sexy.

Another special thing about this guy is he has a Filipino blood. He is no doubt an American but still he manage to trace his roots and embrace the culture that his mom has. You can see it on his interview with Spot.ph that somehow he lives in a home that once in a while let them experience Filipino culture.

Damian McGinty
Damian Joseph McGinty Jr. is one of the two winners of the Glee spin-off The Glee Project in which young hopefuls complete of a spot on Glee. His hometown is Derry, Northern Ireland. His parents thought it would be a good idea for him to sing karaoke at a local pub. After he sang someone said he should try out for Celtic Thunder. After going through the audition process, he finally made it. He has been touring with the Irish group Celtic Thunder, since the age 14. He will play the character Rory on the third season of Glee. He, along with Samuel Larsen, won the 7-episode arc on the Glee Project.(Glee Wiki)
Being a 19 year old Irish, Damien has this sexy accent that matches his charming looks and relatively sense of humor. His co- contenstants always makes fun of the way he speak that's why he created a rap about the bizarre Irish terms of some common American English words.
I also adore his friendship with his fellow contestant most especially with Hannah and Cameron whom he dedicated his last perfomance in The Glee Project.
I super love his bromance with Cameron that they used to create some awesome performances like their rendition of Micahel Bubble's Haven't Met You Yet and video blogs on their Youtube channels.
But what separates Damian from other aspiring actors in his gen, is the purity of his heart. I saw him to be genuinely nice to everyone. Even though he is a normal teenager that sees negative things to others, he still helps his fellow whenever he can.
Lastly,

Cameron Mitchell
Cameron Mitchell is an American singer-songwriter from Colleyville, Texas. He is best known in singing competition The Glee Project. Mitchtell received attention for choosing to leave the competition, then returning to win the Bing Fan Favorite at the end of the season. Mitchell says he has been influenced by John Mayer and especially The Beatles. He is 21 years old. (Wikipedia). He made his way through the show by singing his original composition, Love Can Wait.
In The Glee Project, Cameron quits because of some situation that exceeds his capacity to face things beyond his values and beliefs. I love how he proudly fights for his Christianity and the things he believes in where in he unconsciously teaches the youth, who already forget, how to be pure and innocent regarding the wild things the world offers.
Being a nerd is the reason why Cameron stands out from any other. He is a great musician and he has this kind of acoustic heartthrob voice but what makes him sexy is his weird fashion sense where, in an interview, he said that he does not planned any of it and it just all happened. But when I saw him in one of his Youtube video with his clean cut hair, he become a different person. He become a hot guy who can sweep you off your feet by just singing with a smirk on his face.
I love how he values his friendship with Damian, his best mate in the show, and how he openly announce that they will be living together with confidence on his gender. I just love how he and Damian shows the world the friendship they gained and shared it through CDTV.

I envy his girlfriend, Macy Marie Maloy, because there are a lot of times that he announces on the show that he has a girlfriend for 2 years and he loves her so much. But when I saw her pictures and videos, I just accepted and let it go because the girl is so pretty and equally talented as him.
The existence of Cameron on TV depicts my belief that Nerds and Geeks are the new basis of being hot.

I can't get enough of these three actually. I constantly watch videos of them in Youtube and search for what's new in their careers. Everyday I discovered new likable things about them and I think I slowly fall in love with them! Naaahhh! But I truly adore them and I will surely find more about them! Hope to see you in my dreams my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment